The 46 Tavern is your neighborhood tavern for the West End of Geneva Lake. Located in Walworth, WI just minutes from Fontana and Geneva Lake. Built in 1895 by Julius Schulz, a German immigrant and eventual U.S. Citizen, it was initially Schulz's Shoe Store. It first became a tavern in 1946 when it became Howard's Tavern and was owned by Howard C. Schultz. In 1987 it changed hands when Leo & Lois Gilfoy purchased the bar and reopened it as Sweeney's Pub, named after the local police chief's son and bar manager. It continued on as Sweeney's Pub through only two owners until late 2019 when locals, Jason & Alisha Mannon purchased the tavern. They embarked on a renovation process, diligent to respect the history of this Wisconsin tavern and building, including saving the original tin ceiling. The history is important to Jason & Alisha, who renamed it The 46 Tavern as a nod to the historical significance of when it first became a tavern in 1946.
In 2020 we will celebrate the 125-year anniversary of the Schulz Building.
Enjoy Buy One - Get One Drinks
Includes tap beer, bottled beer, and seltzer drinks
$2.00 Off Glasses of Wine
*Some exclusions may apply. Prices Include Sales Tax.
Sunday's Enjoy Mimosa & Bloody Mary Specials
Game Day Specials!
103 Kenosha Street
PO Box 303
Walworth, WI 53184